Hilfe, the board of my dreams isn't made in my size.. now what?

• Ich suche:

[ ] Snowboard
    [ ] Snowboardbindung
    - [ ] normale Ratsche
    - [ ] Schnelleinstiegsysteme (Flow/Cinch/Expresso/Fastec)
    [ ] Snowboardboots (Wobei immer noch als Regel N°1 gilt: Im Laden anprobieren!!
    [ ] Sonstiges (Snowboardbrille, Snowboardhose, Snowboardjacke usw.)

Länge: 1.80

Gewicht: 60kg

Körpergröße:
    (isn't that the same as länge?)

Schuhgröße/Bootgrösse in Mondopoint: 40

Preislimit: I dont mind spending extra if the board is that what I'm looking for.

Fahrlevel:
    [ ] Anfänger (1 Tag bis 6 Tage Erfahrung auf dem Brett)
    [ ] leicht fortgeschritten (du kommst leichte/mittlere Pisten ohne Probleme runter)
    [ ] fortgeschritten (du kannst alle Pisten bewältigen)
    [x] Profi (Park/Rail/Jump-kein Problem)

Fahrstil/Einsatzgebiet-in Prozent
    [x] Piste [ ]%
    [x] Tiefschnee / Backcountry [ ]%
    [x] Park (Kicker/Pipe) []%
    [x] Rails [ ]%
    all of if, a lot of it.

I love my park-rocker but the base reacts so terrible with the bad indoor snow we have. It gets dirty and slow just after 2-4 hours of riding it, I need to wax it at least once ever 2 weeks (cause I go indoor twice a week at least, the snow at our place is really old and dirty)... I just don't have the time for that. The other board I own, is really nice when doing jumps or carves but it's not so much fun for flatland tricks and rails, which I found to enjoy a lot more. So I decide to sell my Ride Canvas (the other board) with a little pain in my heart.

I've been looking for what to buy in its stead for a while now. I need something with a soft flex, a lot of pop, twin, sintered and tough base, rockered or preferable with rocker and chamber technology and lightweight, it has to be stable enough to take it to small and medium jumps, pow, and handle well on higher speeds. So, in short, a soft but snappy fast all round/freestyle board.
    I came to the conclusion that the Neversummer Pandora 2011 is the board I want. Because it's insanely expensive I started saving and whatever I get for my Ride canvas goes into the NS Pandora fund to... but today I found that they only make the Pandora in 149 or smaller.....#@(*$*%^&&@&#$.fudge.

Like wtf.. I know all the features out of my head but I didn't look at the size haha.. I just assumed they would make it in at least 1.52.

I normally ride a 153 board or something close to that. The smallest I've ridden was a 150, which was fun enough indoor but I wonder if it would hold up on the mountain. I'm 1.80 cm and I weight about 60 kg... do you think I can ride a 149? Did anyone here ever bought a board that might seem to small at first but have a good experience with it?

Does anyone know any boards that might be a match for the Pandora? I looked into the gnu park pickle and the stepchild jibstick.. but I don't know about this magnatraction thing. I don't mind riding 'male' boards as long as they are soft enough. Any suggestions are appreciated :D.

(ps replying in German is just fine, I understand, just can't write it)

I can understand German replies :)
    Selling: Ride Canvas Tokidoki 153 (wms) + Burton Lexa Bindings (L 38-41) PM if interested

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Muninn ()

• i try it in english ;) a good practice for me.

park rocker of signal has the biggest reverse camber of all boards i know, should be around 10mm. You won't find any other board which has the same rocker and is also stable at higher speed and poppy. The ParkRocker has also not very much pop. Is that enough for you? If yes, there are some other boards which could fit to your "dreams" ;)

Pandora is two small. And NeverSummer rides completely different as Signal. Much more Pop and a much harder flex.

should it be like the signal with a little more pop or more like the canvas with more flex?

another problem could be that nearly every soft jib board has a slow extruded base, beacouse it's much easier to repair after hitting some rails.

magnetraction isn't a problem, but i don't need it. the edges are more catchy, sometimes i oversteered as i had tried the trs and the dark series of lib.

Dies ist keine Signatur. Hier gibts es keine Informationen mehr. Wer mich kontaktieren möchte, muss sich andere Wege (als PM) via meinem Profil suchen.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Masl ()

• Im not looking for a board to replace my signal though, I'm replacing my Ride Canvas. So I am not looking for a board just like the signal, I just like to have that around for playing :P. Ofcourse the pandora rides different than the parkrocker, I am looking for a different riding board to have next to it :D

Selling: Ride Canvas Tokidoki 153 (wms) + Burton Lexa Bindings (L 38-41) PM if interested

• okay, if money is not a problem, try a gnu b-pro c2btx, that could meet your expectations and is available in 152 and 155.

another possibility would be the smokin vixen in 153:
    http://www.smokinsnowboards.co…boards/womens/vixen/vixen
    should be easy to get in U.S., otherwise i can send you a contact in germany.

Dies ist keine Signatur. Hier gibts es keine Informationen mehr. Wer mich kontaktieren möchte, muss sich andere Wege (als PM) via meinem Profil suchen.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Masl ()

• Looked at those boards. They both look quite interesting... I never tried a smokin board (I didn't even know the brand) nor do I know anyone that ever tried one, that makes me a bit hesitant but at the same time curious :P. I do think the graphics are absolutely horrifying though :P. (the Smokin Buck Ferton board made me laugh out loud btw, I would almost buy that just for it's name)

Both the boards feature Magne-Traction and I'm not so sure if I like that, in the first week of February I'll be trying my first magne traction board in France (one of my friends bought one)... I can't have an opinion about it without having tried it I guess.

Well, I'm going to keep them in mind anyways :D thx.

• yeah, i don't know any other brand offering this construction like ns beside of mervin oder smokin. These two will have magnetraction.

typically for these boards is the rocker between your feet and camber under the bindings.

• Yeah, thx :). It's not a must though, its just that I think it's best of both worlds having both rocker and chamber.

I'm also looking into the Neverwinter Infinity and Arbor Cadence, but I'm keeping the NS EVO 153 in mind, basically it's the same as the Pandora but a little bit stiffer, heavier and wider... dunno. So many boards to pick from XD.

• yes of course, having both is maybe the best for you. But as you described your style, i think you should ride a construction like NS, Mervin or smokin. You know, there are a lot of boards around wich have camber between the bindings and rocker at nose and tail (like signal omni). I ride 3 boards from different brands with this construction, and i think the focus for this boards is slope and backcountry freestyle. If you want to ride 50% of the time in park (slopestyle, kicker and rails, maybe not HP), then die "Mervin" construction would work the best.